Thursday, February 10, 2011

YUM YUM YUM!


I am continuing to have so much fun at 105 Degrees! It is so refreshing in this setting when something familiar for me in the kitchen comes along. I love when I can feel my instinct and intuition kick in. That is something that takes time to learn to trust and comes from experience and self confidence. Tonight garlic bread is in the dehydrator and it came together so easily. It actually felt just like scone dough to me. Now I have absolutely no idea how it will taste. We will find out tomorrow, but I remain totally optimistic since everything (except the nori rolls) I have loved. Including the tacos shown. (have no idea where on the page they end up so I just say "shown"). It is amazing how the flavor and texture mimic the real thing, however these are so much better for you!

We also finished our pizzas today. My fellow classmate, Jennifer and I made ours together. A pineapple arugula pizza! The strange thing is, I would never order a pineapple pizza at home, although they are somewhat popular, yet, that flavor seemed to pop into our heads almost instantly. We just knew we wanted something a little different. I thought it was absolutely delicious. Ok, I just uploaded the picture and it has ended up at the top of the page! Can you believe it?! Honestly! Oh well, you get the idea. That is our pizza!!

Now we have to try to research a traditional recipe and find a way to recreate it "raw". Wow, that will be a stretch for me since I am so new to this, but I am excited to see what happens. That is what I am here for right! And really, that is what I will be doing when I get home, too so might as well jump in!


No comments:

Post a Comment