Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I have decided since I do not know how to upload pictures yet in an aesthetically pleasing way I will only upload one each blog post. Oh well, I am pretty pleased with myself that I have gotten this far! OK (no pun intended), let's talk about school today!! Yahoo! Big production day today and those dehydrators are working their magic for us tonight. We have pizza crusts (the picture somewhere on this blog) is mine, taco shells, and refried beans if you can believe it! It was so much fun! I can't believe the flavors. Bold flavors are so key in raw living foods. THAT, is definitely out of my box. So is the relatively freeform nature of the formulas. Coming from the exact science of pastry, this feels a bit awkward for me, but I am slowly gaining more confidence to experiment with ratios and flavors. It is definitely an entirely new way of thinking for me which will be good for me to become comfortable with. I also really enjoy working with all my classmates. I feel we are kindred spirits in a small but growing community of people defining food in a bold new way! I am blessed to be one of those pioneers, and blessed to have family at home supporting me in such a loving way on my adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Carol YOU ROCK!!! I love all of your photos and yes you are BLesses just as I feel I AM to be a small part of your life
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori!! You are so sweet! Thank you for reading and thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete