Monday, February 7, 2011

BIG DAY AT 105 ACADEMY!



What a day we had today! Knife skills, our first written test, Matthew Kenney, camera crew and coconuts! I know I wasn't the only one to lose sleep last night about this. Well the day is now behind us and everything was wonderful. I, for one, am especially glad the knife skills test is over. Let's just say, it is not my strong suit and I should probably practice more, however, my grade was higher than I thought it would be.

Definitely the highlight of the day was when Matthew was in our classroom! He is an incredibly talented chef who seems to have his passion, heart and talent aligned in a positive direction for people and planet. He asked us to think about the "why" behind what we do.

Next we were given a box of coconuts to open. This is another thing I was quite fearful of however, except for the chopping in half part, I have it mastered. By that I mean, I really have the feel and speed of shaving the top and quickly finding the soft spot to open the top in one big beautiful piece! I am going to have to practice the karate chopping in half though. Be that as it may, I was very, very satisfied to have gotten the top off so beautifully!

We also got to try our kale trips that were dehydrating over the weekend! Mine turned out to be delicious! I was so surprised! Loved them, loved them, loved them!!

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying being here! I hope I am successful in creating or finding a supportive group like this at home so that I continue to maintain my new food related lifestyle. I have been "raw for 8 days so far and as a side note, I am also trying not to turn the TV on the entire time I am here. So far so good!

I apologize for the pictures all ending up at the top! That was not exactly what I intended however, I am still new to this blogging business and don't quite know how to figure it out. I would take the time now, but I am really tired and would rather go to bed, so good night!

Wow, I had a great day! I am blessed!


3 comments:

  1. I had also planned not to turn the tv on, but when I re-discovered all the channels that used to love, I just can't help myself!!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut day was one of my favorites :) 105 is just the best...glad to hear you're enjoying it there! (Though OKC, not so much.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber! Thank you for commenting on my blog!! I am having so much fun here! I am pretty new to all of this and I find it all so fascinating and exciting!

    ReplyDelete