Thursday, February 17, 2011

The waiting is over!

This is how I started my day at 105 Degrees!  Yes!  It was definitely as good as it looks!  Can't wait to have this be a regular on my morning menu at home!  It is our granola with our raw coconut yogurt.  Of course, this means I will have to be opening young coconuts fairly regularly, but that is something I no longer dread.  This is worth opening a few coconuts!


Ok, I did not think it could get better than this.  But is did....how about a plate full of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of almond milk?  Go ahead, eat a few more than you usually do.... they are raw and actually good for you!




It is a good thing my day was off to such a great start because it quickly turned more challenging.  Well, whatever confidence, I may have thought I had, it just did not seem to be with me this morning.  I wasn't the only one.  My fellow classmate and friend, Lindsay, tasted what she was trying to make and the look on her face made me laugh so hard!  Thank goodness, because that helped me keep things in a learning and bigger perspective.  We are trying to produce a dish of our own design and formula and my ratios were just way way off.  I had to do a lot of adjusting!  I need everyone's finger's crossed  for this to be even OK tomorrow.  What I think I should have done and plan to do more next week for the final is to consult Chef more during the process.  Lunch came just in time.  I needed a break.  The weather was so beautiful today we were even able to enjoy our savory crepes outside!  What a treat!


  
I thank everyone who took the time to read this and I hope you all had an absolutely wonderful day!











4 comments:

  1. My day was better because I shared it with you! I can't wait to taste everyone's creations tomorrow. It is a great learning journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! You are so sweet! I am looking forward to trying everyones creation tomorrow too, but I am more worried that mine will even be edible! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifganet plating Carol!! I am soo glad to be able to see what you have been creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plating is my favorite part! Thank you so much for posting such beautiful comments!! It feels like a hug!

    ReplyDelete