Friday, March 18, 2011

Perigee Moon!

On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years.


Just wanted to make sure everyone knew this!


This week at 105 Degreeswe made two different cake "batters".  One is a layered pomegranate red velvet cake, still in the freezer and the other is blueberry cake which we made into these cupcakes. 


We also fermented more cheeses for our cheese plates for the wine and cheese pairing lesson we had this afternoon.




Clockwise from top left, honey balsamic cheese, pesto cheese, fresh pear slices, tangy tomato cheese, herb cheese, salted pistachios, herb crackers, mint mango chutney, and in the center, kalamata olive bread.  My favorites were the honey balsamic (a surprise) and the tomato.  I also found out, my choice of wines will have to change slightly if I am going to eat more raw food.


I can't believe next week is my last week!



No comments:

Post a Comment