Saturday, May 7, 2011

So Much to Share! All Raw!



I don't even know where to start!  I have been so busy!  Crazy, good busy!  My new larger dehydrator has arrived for one thing!  Yahoo!  The first thing I filled it up with right away were tortilla shells for tacos!




Would you ever guess that these use to be zucchini and red pepper?




While they were in the "oven", I made the rest of the components, the "meat" mixture, the quacamole, the "sour cream" and fresh tomato salsa.  I had two empty trays in the dehydrator so I made some almond butter walnut cookies so as not to waste the energy.  I could not resist dipping them partially in chocolate when they were finished.




I am a huge fan of quinoa, but I have never had it sprouted so I decided to try a sprouted quinoa salad to round out my meal with the tacos.




Lunch!  Just in time for Cinco De Mayo!



Tracy and I also met with a friend of hers who owns a yoga studio in town.  We brought her some raw (living) granola, cookies and granola bars to taste.








Suzanne really enjoyed them and would like to carry them in her yoga studio to sell!  Thank goodness we have an appointment with a graphic designer next week to discuss branding, etc.


I also had time to make some raw raspberry coconut yogurt.  Enjoyed it with the granola and some beautiful blueberries.




Had more tomato sauce than I needed, so I saw this as an opportunity to try out my new spiralizer on some zucchini for some pasta primavera!




Wow, I have to say, the tacos and the "pasta"  have been my favorite things so far.


Can't wait to get everything together to begin my next post!  It will be all about the Gluten Free Expo last weekend that I worked at!  So much work, but soooooo much fun!!



5 comments:

  1. I loved the taco's, cookies and now I want to try the bar cookies that are above. YUMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tummy hadn't growled all morning till I read this post! SO much good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Roxanne... will send some your way via Garrett! Thank you for being such a willing taste tester!

    @Amber... Thank you Amber! I am so happy for your opportunity to be at Living Light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about the Expo! And man - it would have taken me forever to spread out all of those taco shells! I am so slow! Ha!

    Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Expo was a blast!!! And wow, it took me forever to spread all those taco shells, too! Got to work on getting over being a perfectionist! Sure worth it though in the end. Yummy! They are the ones from 105!

    ReplyDelete